Steeped in history and presenting a rare opportunity to possess a stunning, state and local heritage-listed home alongside commercial premises, Bowden Chambers is brimming with opportunity.
Built Circa 1873 in a prime location on the corner of Guinea and David streets, on the fringe of the Albury CBD, this captivating property lived the first 110 years of its life as a butcher shop and adjoining residence.
More recently the commercial premises has been the home of the Albury Osteopathic Clinic.
From the front picket fence to the back garden, the charming residence boasts a warm, calming ambience where original features, including soaring ceilings, polished floorboards, gorgeous fireplaces, pull lighting, cast iron ceiling roses, high skirting boards, picture rails and decorative plasterwork, abound.
While at the rear of the home awaits an award-winning modern, yet harmonious, extension comprising an opulent open-plan living and entertaining zone, where a stunning glass-encased hall opens out to a paved alfresco terrace as well as a courtyard with a feature koi pond.
The residence features:
● Stunning formal entry hall with feature plasterwork and original Vaseline pendant light.
● Two large, front bedrooms boast gas log fires with original timber mantelpieces.
● Luxurious master suite with a dressing room and a wall of floor-to ceiling built-in robes.
● Opulent ensuite with a frameless, glass-encased walk-in shower, plus his and her vanities.
● Main bathroom with large, corner spa bath.
● Peaceful sitting/reading room with original timber dado rails and fireplace.
● Gourmet kitchen with integrated fridge/freezer, granite benchtops, Miele appliances including dishwasher, oven, steam oven and induction cooktop.
● Living boasts a feature gas, pebble fireplace, while the dining area opens to an entertaining terrace and shady ‘beer garden’.
● Captivating central conservatory, with original brickwork and eye-catching scalloped glass chandelier, links the original home with the extension.
● Study with open fire, plus large laundry with the original kitchen wood stove.
● Hydronic heating, underfloor heating and split-system air-conditioning.
● The property has been rewired and replumbed.
● Enter from both Guinea and David streets.
● Single garage, two single carports plus storage or workshop in original horse stables.
● Landscaped, formal gardens featuring shade-giving capital pear trees.
Provides a rare opportunity along side the residential home
● Original Heritage listed property.
● Award winning extension/renovations.
● Prime location for any shop front/ commercial enterprise.
● Presently four separate treatment rooms.
● Private entry off David St to a large reception area, plus separate, private office.
● Kitchen, bathrooms (including disabled), storage closets and rooms.
● Potential to use as another residence or convert to a granny flat or apartments (STCA), currently used as a medical clinic .
● Historic features include access to the wine cellar and original stable doors.